Thursday 15 November 2012

'I'll contribute to policy implementation in agriculture': Tariq Anwar

Thursday, November 15, 2012 08:00 IST 
Abhitash Singh, Mumbai

After taking charge as minister of state for agriculture and food processing industries, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Tariq Anwar said he would not only concentrate on mainline agriculture but also on allied sectors such as dairying and animal husbandry.

During his felicitation programme in Mumbai on November 11, Anwar informed FnB news via telephone, “I am very thankful to Sharad Pawar, the agriculture minister, for showing interest in me and giving me an oppotunity to be a state agriculture and food processing minister. I would try my level best to contribute to policy formulation and implementation in not only mainline agriculture but also allied sectors such as dairying and animal husbandry.”

He added, “Our agriculture and food processing industries are growing at a very rapid pace and it is boosting our economy. These sectors have an important role to play in overall growth of the country. It will help in the well-being and prosperity of farmers.”

When asked about his plan to boost agriculture in Bihar (although he is an elected representative from Maharashtra), he replied, “I had a word with Nitish Kumar, chief minister, Bihar, and said that I will try my level best to boost the agriculture sector of Bihar, but that doesn't mean that I will not concentrate on Maharashtra. I will do the balancing act and try to make all the states happy as MoS for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries.”


source

No comments:

Post a Comment